In January, D10 Como Community Council accepted nominations for the 2021 Como Neighborhood Honor Roll, board members voted to select three honorees among the seven nominations, and the winners were honored at the February board meeting.
Congratulations to 2021 Honorees Rick and Kathy Zieman, Melissa Liu andDeepa Nirmal, and Tseganesh Selameab and Matthew Cain.
The Honor Roll is an annual tribute that recognizes everyday residents and organizations who make a sustained and lasting impact in their neighborhood. The city has paused its official support of the honor roll program, but it’s important that we continue to celebrate our outstanding community members, whose names will be added to the permanent plaque in the D10 office. You can see more about the 2021 honorees, as well as our record of past honorees. here: District10ComoPark.org/HonorRoll/
Join D10 Board in 2022
The Como Community Council is a great opportunity to get involved with your neighbors and learn more about what’s going on in the community: Eight seats on our board are up for election in April.
Board seats up for election in April:
• One representative each from the neighborhood’s four sub-districts (map)
• Two representatives from the neighborhood at-large
• One representative from the neighborhood at-large who is a renter
• One representative from the neighborhood at-large who is a youth (age 16-24)
These positions serve two-year terms, through April 2024. To get on the ballot, submit a board member application through the website below. The filing deadline is Sunday, April 3. The election is April 19. Find out more information here: District10ComoPark.org/Elections/
Get Involved: ‘Celebrate Spring!’ Event
Our members have been working hard on our 2022 events calendar. We’re planning to have a community event in each of Como’s four sub-districts in 2022. On April 30, we’re partnering with St. Paul Parks and Rec to host an event at North Dale Rec Center, 10:30-noon.
We’re also tentatively planning for a Spring Clean-Up at Orchard Rec Center on May 28, our annual Ice Cream Social at the Como Streetcar Station on July 8, and a Harvest Festival in the Tilden Park area on Sept. 10. Get involved in planning the event in your sub-district, or any of the sub-districts, at our Neighborhood Relations Committee meetings. Find the latest info at District10ComoPark.org/Events/
Como Neighborhood Notes
• K&L Sales: The second-hand dealer’s license for this used-car lot at Como and Arona is up for renewal on March 29. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Como Golf Course & Club House: The facility’s liquor and entertainment licenses are up for renewal April 18. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: email@example.com.
Zoom or Call into D10 Meetings
Renters, homeowners, and other community members are always welcome to participate in District 10’s board and committee meetings. You can join either by video conference or by phone. To find meeting links and call in numbers go to our website calendar at district10comopark.org/calendar. If you have questions you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, call 651-644-3889.
• Land Use Committee: Monday, March 14
• Board Meeting: Tuesday, March 15
• Neighborhood Relations Committee: Tuesday, April 5
• Land Use Committee: Wednesday, April 6
• Environment Committee: Tuesday, April 12
• Board Meeting: April 19
All meetings begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Whenever possible, agendas and other relevant documents are posted in advance on District 10’s website: www.district10comopark.org
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here