St. Paul’s 6th annual Business Awards winners have been announced. The awards recognize local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to the city’s community, invest in their employees, and are committed to Saint Paul’s values of equity and diversity. Businesses are selected for an award in one of five categories based on nominations from the community. More than 100 businesses were nominated.
The 2022 award winners and runners-up are:
• ABC Realty LLC – Alice O’Brien Award: honoring a women-owned business that is committed to equity and empowerment. (Runner-up: In Black Ink)
• Hmong Village Shopping Center – People’s Choice Award: honoring a business that is recognized for its excellence by Saint Paul residents. (Runner-up: Swede Hollow Cafe)
• Mr. Michael Recycles Bicycles – Good Neighbor Award: honoring a business that shows a dedication to improving the community. (Runner-up: Vig Guitar)
• NEOO Partners Inc. – New Kid on the Block Award: honoring a business that has opened in Saint Paul within the last five years. (Runner-up: Just Imagine)
• Selby Wines & Spirits Inc. – Traditions Award: honoring a business that has been active in Saint Paul for at least 20 years. (Runner-up: Westside Haircare)
The Selection Committee that reviewed the applications and selected winners was made up of past winners from the Saint Paul business community. The committee included:
• Abdiwali Ali, Karibu Grocery & Deli
• Choua Vang, Golden Harvest Foods
• Kathy Sundberg, GINKGO Coffeehouse
• Tameka Jones, Lip Esteem LLC
Award winners were recognized by the city council on Wednesday, Oct. 26, 2022.
“I am grateful to everyone who took part in the annual Business Awards from the organizers to the applicants to the section committee and beyond,” said Council President Amy Brendmoen.
The event can also be viewed on City of Saint Paul – Calendar at stpaul.legistar.com or Saint Paul Channel 18.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here