D10 Como Park is co-hosting the Como Park portion of the city’s Regional Parks Clean-up Day, Saturday, April 23, 2022 from 9-11:30 a.m. Individuals and groups of all ages come together to pick up litter that has recently become exposed due to the melting snow. Look for our table near the Como Pavilion around 9 a.m. to check in and pick up bags and gloves. Borrowed equipment should be returned by 11:30 a.m. Registration is not required, but it helps us plan and communicate with volunteers in the event of poor weather, etc. Registration and more info at district10comopark.org/como-clean-up
Celebrate Spring! Event
Come and celebrate spring at the North Dale Recreation Center, April 30, 10:30 a.m.-noon. The Como Community Council is partnering with Parks and Recreation for a morning of fun that any outdoor enthusiast (even the smallest) can enjoy. There’s something for everyone – a garden/outdoor themed resource fair, kids crafts and seed planting, light refreshments, games and a gently used clothing drive to help kick off your spring cleaning goals. Find the latest info at District10ComoPark.org/sd3event/
Como Garage Sale - May 12-15
D10 Como Park is once again coordinating a community sale weekend from Thursday, May 12 to Sunday, May 15. If you would like to be included in our sale map, please fill out the Como Community Sale Form on our website before May 5. We will be promoting this effort in our weekly newsletter, Facebook, and flyering some local establishments, directing people to find the map here: District10ComoPark.org/GarageSale.
Pick Up & Party Event - June 4
The Como Community Council will be hosting a Pick Up & Party event at Orchard Rec Center (875 W. Orchard Ave.) on Saturday, June 4 from 2-5 p.m. Whether you come with your neighbors or come to meet your neighbors, we would love to see you there! We’ll kick off the event with a neighborhood clean up from Front to Como and Dale to the railroad tracks. Check in at the Rec Center between 2-3 p.m. for your supplies and the location to start the pick up. After the clean up, we’ll meet up back at the rec center for live music, snacks, yard games and more! Everyone is invited to this free event - find out more at district10comopark.org/sd4event.
If you’d like to help us keep hosting events like this, please consider a donation to our Neighborhood Events Fund (givemn.org/story/D10events) or becoming a volunteer (district10comopark.org/volunteer).
D10 Como Community Council Elections
Residents of District 10 who are at least 16 years old, representatives from businesses, non-profits, or other organizations with a physical presence in District 10 are eligible to vote in our April elections. If you have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Online ballots must be requested by Monday, April 18 at 5 p.m.
• We will send out ballots beginning Monday, April 11.
• We must receive your completed ballot at the District 10 office no later than 5 p.m. Tuesday April 19.
The election is April 19. Find out more information here: District10ComoPark.org/Elections/
Como Licensing Notes
• Gabes by The Park (991 Lexington Pkwy.): Liquor, entertainment, and gambling licenses are up for renewal May 5. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: email@example.com.
• The Essence Event Center (1217 Bandana Blvd): Liquor and entertainment licenses are up for renewal May 6. Anyone with input should email the Como Community Council or contact the office of Ward 4 Council Member Mitra Jalali: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zoom or Call into D10 Meetings
Renters, homeowners, and other community members are always welcome to participate in District 10’s board and committee meetings. You can join either by video conference or by phone.
To find meeting links and call in numbers go to our website calendar at district10comopark.org/calendar. If you have questions you can email email@example.com. Or, call 651-644-3889.
• Environment Committee: Tuesday, April 12
• Board Meeting: April 19
• Neighborhood Relations Committee: Tuesday, May 3
• Land Use Committee: Wednesday, May 4
• Environment Committee: Tuesday, May 10
• Board Meeting: May 17
All meetings begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise noted. Whenever possible, agendas and other relevant documents are posted in advance on District 10’s website: www.district10comopark.org
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here