School Board member job description
- Develops and adopts policies for the operation of the schools.
- Employs a superintendent to provide educational leadership for the district.
- Provides materials, equipment, supplies and facilities to support an effective educational program.
- Represents the views of the school district community on educational issues.
- Provides equal educational opportunities for every child in accordance with state and federal statutes.
- At least 21 years old upon assuming office.
- Has maintained residence in their district for at least 30 days before the general election.
- Has not filed for another office in the upcoming primary or general election.
- Eligible to vote in Minnesota.
- Has not been convicted of an offense for which they are required to register as a predatory offender under M.S. 243.166.