The following candidate forums are being held:
• 1% Sales Tax Forum, Sept. 18, 6:30-8 p.m., online. The UPDC Committee on Land Use and Economic Development in partnership with the League of Women Voters will host a forum to provide facts and context that will help prepare residents to better understand the 1% Sales Tax that they will vote on this November. Confirmed panelists: Saint Paul Mayor Melvin Carter, Parks and Recreation Director Andy Rodriguiz, Public Works Director Sean Kershaw, Lecturer in Urban Studies at the University of Minnesota's Department of Geography, Environment and Society Dr. Bill Lindeke, Vice President of Government Affairs for the St. Paul Area Chamber Amanda Duerr and Economist at Center of the American Experiment Martha Njolomole. This forum will be moderated by Eric Molho. This forum will be held via zoom. Community viewings and other updates will be announced in the coming days. Please stay connected though UPDC Facebook and Twitter page and subscribe to UPDC bi-monthly newsletter. Please submit questions in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org . RSVP: bit.ly/salestaxforum
• St. Paul School Board (ISD625), Sept. 18, 7-8 p.m., SPNN TV Studio (550 Vandalia St #170, St Paul, MN 55114). Partners Include: NAACP St. Paul, Ayata Leads and St. Paul Neighborhood Network. Watch live on channel 19 or YouTube: https://youtube.com/live/ukQ8ulCUwIM?feature=share
• Ward 1: Sept. 28, 7-8 p.m., Hallie Q. Brown Community Center, Cantina Room (270 N Kent Street, St. Paul, MN 55102). Partners Include: Union Park District Council, Frogtown Neighborhood Association, North End Neighborhood Association, Summit University Planning Council, Ayata Leads and St. Paul Neighborhood Network
• Ward 4: Sept. 14, 5-6:30 p.m., SPNN TV Studio (550 Vandalia St. #170, St. Paul). Partners Include: District 10 Como Community Council, Ayata Leads and St. Paul Neighborhood Network. Watch live on channel 19 or on YouTube https://youtube.com/live/EhV9ivvSTFw?feature=share
• Ward 5: Sept. 22, 6-7 p.m., Dock and Paddle at Como Lakeside Pavilion (1360 Lexington Pkwy N, St. Paul, MN 55103). Partners Include: Ayata Leads, District 10 Como Community Council, North End Neighborhood Organization, Dock and Paddle, and St. Paul Neighborhood Network.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here